This black metal hanging planter is the epitome of modernist simplicity.
In general, I'm obsessed with hanging everything in my house from the ceiling. Plants, chairs, lamps, tables...everything is fair game. Recently I was visiting family in the small town where I grew up, and went out on a thrifting expedition with friends. I found an AMAZING vintage 1960s hanging planter...very very similar to the one you see here. I thought to myself "this needs to be out in the WORLD again...people need to be able to get this item!" and from there my journey to recreate it began.
Being personally unskilled in metalwork, although committed to local production, I began researching and found an amazing small business in Los Angeles who focuses on making custom lampshade frames. I thought "the process seems similar, I'm going to contact them!" and am I ever glad I did...they're lovely! So I'm now working with them to fulfill my hanging planter dreams...plus a few new secret projects which will be coming in the fall!
- Stainless steel
- professionally powder coated (can be used indoor or outdoors)
- hangs from 37" long natural colour rope. The rope is cotton with a synthetic core (to reduce stretching out over time) It is a clothesline style rope, which can be used outside. Left outdoors the rope will degrade over a period of time though depending on your climate (as would a clothesline), but could be easily replaced from the hardware store.
- Brass ring detail (will oxidize if left outdoors, can be removed if you want to use it only when the planter is brought inside)
- Outer circle diameter: 18"
- Plant holder diameter: 7.5"
WHAT KIND OF POT SHOULD I USE?!
The terracotta pot is NOT included with the holder (shipping would be SO high if we included this heavy pot!) however you can use a wide variety of styles of pot with this holder!
In the photos here I've used a classic terracotta pot from a garden center, which will run you about $5, however I'm working on more pics with all different sizes/styles of pots. The holder can fit a variety of sizes, it just depends how high/low you want the planter to sit in it. Just make sure that SOME part of the pot is 7.5" in diameter and that the pot is not too tall to fit within the frame and it will work...some customers have even told me they plan to use a round glass bowl and show off their fish in it! When in doubt...bring the holder with you when you go pot shopping!
HANDMADE IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
Material: powder coated metal
Made In: United States
Shipped From: United States
Lead Time: 3 - 4 Days