About the DOURO Tea Press
Brew with style, courtesy of the DOURO Tea Press. This innovative porcelain teapot with infuser is based on our French press brewing system to ensure an exceptionally pure and refreshing taste.
Part of our unique range celebrating the Douro Valley, this porcelain teapot has a simple, elegant design, its fine grooves reminiscent of the rolling wine terraces of Portugal’s most celebrated wine region. Available in premium black or white porcelain, the design is complemented by an oak handle, which adds a contemporary twist and showcases the natural materials of the region.
Tea brewed in the DOURO Tea Press tastes every bit as good as the teapot looks. The French press system offers complete control over the steeping process – once your tea has reached its preferred strength simply depress the plunger to stop the tealeaves brewing. Perfect for use with loose-leaf tea or teabags, this porcelain teapot with infuser takes precision brewing to a whole new level.
Main Features & Benefits
- The DOURO teapot uses our iconic French press brewing system for an exceptionally pure and refreshing taste
- Generous 1.5 liter capacity, enough for 12 cups
- Made of durable, attractive porcelain, inspired by the curved terraces of Portugal’s beautiful Douro Valley
- Stainless steel tea press uses our patented system that stops tea from brewing once the plunger has been lowered, to prevent tea becoming bitter
- Perfect for loose-leaf tea and teabags
- Available in white or black porcelain
- Matching items available
Use & Care
- Place the DOURO tea press on a flat, heat-proof, non-slip surface
- Add your preferred tealeaves into the filter. We recommend 2-3 scoops of black tea or 3 scoops of herbal tea for each liter of water.
- Pour in hot water, ensuring the water stays below the MAX fill line.
- Place the lid on the pot with the plunge in the raised position, and let your tea brew – 3-5 minutes for black tea, or 5-10 minutes for herbal and fruit teas.
- Once your tea is at its preferred strength, firmly press the plunger down to stop the brewing process. Serve and savor.
- Wash in warm, soapy water before first use and after each subsequent use.
*All of our coffee and tea makers are measured in European cup sizes: 1 Cup = about 4oz.