Gus* Modern Spanner ChairGus* Modern
W21.5 D24 H29.5 | SEAT H16.5 in
W55 D61 H75 | SEAT H42 cm
Originally created in 1950 by Russell Spanner, the Lounge Chair with Arms has become a classic of Canadian Mid-Century Modern furniture design. Out of production for more than 50 years, Gus* worked in collaboration with the Spanner family to revive this iconic chair, carefully matching the construction, Colors, and design details to stay true to the original in every way. The seat is woven strapping, and the frame is solid birch with exposed bolts and finger-joint details. Like the original, the Lounge Chair with Arms is built in Toronto and available in a variety of Colores. To commemorate the return of this design classic, the first 100 chairs produced will be part of a numbered, limited edition series.
- Designed in 1950 by Russell Spanner
- Frame is constructed with solid birch and curved birch plywood components
- Finger-joint and dowel-joint construction
- Woven-web seat Color is 100% cotton strapping
- Tapered legs are attached to seat with exposed carriage bolts
- Available in 4 Color options: Light Birch/Red Webbing, Light Birch/Green Webbing, Dark Birch/Red Webbing, Dark Birch/Green Webbing
- Product colours may vary slightly from those shown on your display. Visit touchGOODS to preview samples of Color and Color options.